Today is November 1st, which means it’s National Author’s Day! Hooray! No matter how successful the author, the act of writing can be a lonely gig, and this day (Established in 1949) is here to commemorate authors you love and help make their day just a little bit brighter. How can you do that? Here are a few easy ways:
- Buy their books. (I mean, it’s a given, but still.)
- Leave a review for their books on Goodreads, Amazon, your blog, or wherever.
- Tell your friends. Heck, buy a few books for your friends.
- Ask for your local library to stock your favorite author’s books.
- Talk about their books on social media.
Any or all of those simple things will go a long way to encourage the authors you love and make their day a bit better. If you want to spread the love on social media, consider using the hashtag #NationalAuthorsDay.
Have an author whose work you love? Share their work in the comments!